Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Shopping fun!

I went to a needlework exhibit today and saw some fantastic work by other stitchers from several states. I saw some designs that I had to get for myself! The group I went with went to a terrific shop after. I didn't find the charts I wanted, but I did find some from the same company. Here's what I bought:

The first three charts all came with charms to match the themes:





The baseball chart's colors can be customized to match a favorite team. I'll be stitching this for my sister, a Mets fanatic, so the colors will be blue and orange!



They are from Hinzeit Designs. The one I wanted was "Kitchen", which has cute rolling pin, whisk, spoon, and frying pan charms. I'll order it later.

This chart is just for fun. I don't have a lot of stuff to stitch for my dad except for cars. This will be a nice change.



I'll replace the name (the artist's name!) and date with the phrase "served here". My mom wants to turn it into a pillow!

I am nearly done with Tiger Lily! I will probably finish the skirt and legs tonight...and the rest before the weekend. I probably have another four hours of work to go on it. The nice thing about Nora Corbett designs is there isn't a lot of backstitching to worry about!

No comments: